Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Australian butterfly champion, Geoff Huegill, is coming out of retirement and he has lost a lot of weight!

One year ago I did a post on Australian butterfly champion, Geoff Huegill, who was ridiculed in the swim press for gaining weight post his 2004 retirement. The Australian press posted a before/after photo of him seen here, and overall treated him severely.

Now he is back in the pool and he looks 5-years younger. From SMH.Com: "... Huegill won a 2000 Olympic bronze medal in the 100m butterfly and retired after a disappointing showing at the 2004 Games. However, he said his motivation was back and he will train alongside stars Eamon Sullivan, Libby Trickett and Andrew Lauterstein at the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre in inner Sydney.

"I am excited to announce that after my move to Sydney to focus on my swimming and media career, and talking with my partner, my family and my close friends, I have decided to return to professional swimming - I have unfinished business in the pool," Huegill said. ..." [Link]

Photo by Andy Zakeli for the Sydney Morning Herald

No comments: