Monday, October 05, 2009

"YOU ARE A SEXY BEAST" the judge shouted - Natalie Coughlin storms the rhumba on Dancing with the Stars!

I just saw Dancing with the Stars (DWTS) tonight with Natalie Coughlin. I am astonished that she is just about as accomplished as any pop star today.

TV Guide did an extensive interview with her and she sounds like she is having a blast.

Coughlin and her partner, Alex Mazo, are now in second place.

From TV Guide:

TVGuide.com: I was wondering if that was maybe a habit from swimming, like, do you count strokes when you swim and now you're counting steps?

Coughlin: No, I don't really count steps. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but most dancers count to eight when they're learning. I just sort of do it. That just might be my learning process and I may need to change it. The rumba, it's really strange because it's like, four, one-two-three, four, one-two-three-four. Hopefully I'll get better.

TVGuide.com: And you're breathing, right? That whole intro package was weird because why would you not breathe outside of water?

Coughlin: I know! I'm breathing! It's not that I'm physically not breathing! [Laughs] Alec [Mazo, her partner] says I'm not breathing, but he just means I'm not using my breath to dictate my movement. What he wants are these long inhales and long exhales to dictate, like, a softness in your body. That's what he meant, but you have to oversimplify for a minute-long package.

[Link]

No comments: