Sunday, December 03, 2006


Right Now The Long Beach Grunions are hosting the Southern Pacific Masters Association, (SPMA) , Short Course Meters Championship at the Belmont Plaza.

The Grunions have to be the friendliest swim team in all of Southern California. Right now and for the past two days they have been putting on a GREAT swim meet; (read it as great and not as a hyperbolic compliment). I participated in two races, the 50 SCM Freestyle with a time of 29.55; (I know, but I am still getting faster), and in a match-up with 49-year-old butterfly phenom, Paul Carter, in the 50 SCM butterfly, it was a photo finish but the officials declared that he nosed me out by about a lap or so. I think his 50 SCM Butterfly time was a 26:15 whereas mine; (It's not my event, okay? I just do it to get the engine running, okay, okay okay?), my time was 39:60.

Here is a link to a flickr page with some photos of the Grunions and the Belmont Plaza. Here is a link to Grunions Swim.

No comments: