Saturday, January 13, 2007

That be-bop, hipster, Olympian with the cool, daddio, gotee has two freestyle victories so far.

Michael Phelps won the 100 free in 42.43 beating butterfly rival Ian Crocker who swam a 42.88.

In the 500 free he led all the way finishing in 4:14.57 according to ABC News. [link]

Forbes had a couple of interesting quotes:

"I tried to go out as fast as I could, which still wasn't that fast," he said. "But I was pretty happy with the time. It's my best time."

Phelps tried to wiggle out of swimming the shorter race, but his coach Bob Bowman "reminded me I have 17 swims in Melbourne." [link]

From Sports Illustrated: "I get to see where we are and see what we need to tune up for worlds," he said after a light workout at the indoor pool. "I can't believe we're less than 60 days away to Melbourne. That's going to be a pretty big meet for all of us." [Link]

No comments: