Sunday, February 04, 2007

Amanda Weir signs with my favorite swim company, TYR

I wear mostly TYR suits and equipment. I do have Speedo Fastskin II leggings which I am impressed with and raced in during Masters SCM Championships but I am more impressed with the quality of TYR products over Speedo. Consequently when you see me training you will see that most of my swim gear is TYR related. I am not paid or provided any material goods to make this statement. This is a blog not a "flog". (A flog is a phony blog set up for the sole purpose of covertly endorsing products or to create false buzz about a product or service.) I endorse TYR.

Weir's signing quote with TYR went as followed: "It didn't take me long to know TYR was the right fit for me," Weir said. "Their technology, fashion, and family atmosphere made my decision clear. With TYR's support, I will be able to achieve my swimming goals for the 2008 Olympic Games. I look forward to contributing to the innovation of the next great Olympic technology. I am thrilled!" [link]

Well, at Nationals last year, Amanda Weir, was wearing Speedo Fasatskin II gear and that is what she paid $400 bucks to win her races in. (See inset photo.) Has she seen the light regarding TYR's products or did George Washington give her a couple of hundred thousand reason to change her mind? Hopefully, like me, she now feels that Tyr is a better product but more likely, Jesse M. Unruh, said it best: "Everyman has a price and can be bought. For some it's wine, women, or money but in those rare individuals that can't be bought; they can be leased."

No comments: