Saturday, March 31, 2007

"I lost $2 on a horse and I spent 2 million trying to get it back" - Mickey Rooney

Thank gosh I am not a betting man. Wildman Tobriner wins the 50 free, Phelps beats Crocker and Phelps ties Ian Thorpe's record of 6 gold medals at Fina World Championships. So, let's begin with the 50 free. This quote says it all:
  • "There was zero pressure on me," Wildman-Tobriner said. "Honestly, it's not a surprise to me. Hitting the start well, which I have been struggling to do, I knew I would definitely have a good chance. When I hit the water, I felt it was right. It gets you fired up for rest of the lap." [Link]
About my 100 fly match-up pick between Crockett and Phelps.
  • "Honestly I thought I'd botched the finish, I didnt think the finish was very good, but it ended up being good enough," said Phelps, whose win meant he equalled Ian Thorpe's event record of six golds set in Fukuoka, Japan in 2001. [Link]

No comments: