Sunday, March 25, 2007

Manaudou, Park: Gold in the 400 at the FINA World Championship of Swimming

The biggest news here is that Grant Hackett lost in the 400 to Park Tae-hwan. I am really surprised about this.

Manaudou, Eurosport:
"I am really relieved," Manaudou said.

"I had to keep my title. On the distance [events] there is more competition, everybody swims faster. It's easier for me to get a very fast start. It makes things psychologically much harder for my rivals. [Link]

Manadou, WCSN: Manaudou showed her rivals a clean pair of heels from the start, opening up a body length's lead on the first lap and racing through the first 300 meters under world record pace before fading on the last 100 meters. [Link]

Park, Eurosport:
I wasn't going to go at the pace of Hackett," Park said through a translator.

"Then after 200m I started to push and went even harder in the last 50m. I am mentally really tired but confident after I've got the gold medal." [Link]

No comments: