Wednesday, June 27, 2007

'Janet Evans Total Swimming': Sixty Workouts, Stroke Technique and 12 Swim Programs!

Forgive me but I am copy/pasting this from the Swimming World store, my comments are below:

"..Improve your fitness level, achieve your swimming goals, and maximize your workouts with the help of four-time Olympic gold medalist Janet Evans!
...
A total of 60 workouts and 12 progressive programs allow you to tailor your swim sessions by distance, intensity, and goal. The gold-medal information also details proper stroke technique, advantages of various gear, concepts such as interval sets and training phases, and making each workout more productive by stretching, building core strength, warming up, and cooling down.
... "

My comments: I have always wanted to know what one her workouts were like or the angle in which she approached swimming. Nonetheless, Janet Evans is arguably the greatest swimmer ever and any knowledge she imparts will certainly add equity to the sport. I just hope that this book isn't a ghost written book with rhetoric culled from various USA Swimming resources but rather a swim training manual from her point of view. I am going to purchase this book and blog what I think about it here.

Swimming World
store page [Link] or at Amazon: [Link]

No comments: