Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Always, Always, Always credit your source. If you don't, then you stole it.

UPDATE: I got a report that Lane 9 News posted 30-45 minutes before Timed Finals.

I was plagiarize once and it hurt. The guy actually got my rhetoric about Ian Crocker's butterfly linked to by an Arizona newspaper as well. I nearly spit at my monitor when I saw it! Well, I am seeing it happen to someone else now.

Here is a writeup about a sectional in Oxford, Ohio

This quote from
Lane 9 News: "...Colleen Schweitzer of Ohio State knocked off Sheila Carson of Club Wolverine ..." [Link]

This quote from Timed Finals: "...Colleen Schweitzer of Ohio State knocked off Sheila Carson of Club Wolverine ..." [Link]

Coincidence? Well, I think not!

The meet was held in Oxford, Ohio, not Dayton, Ohio, but both publications called it the Dayton Sections thereby making the same error on the same day. Timed Finals making the error in the headline and Lane 9 News in the body. (I think I know who published first.)

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark -- William Shakespeare's, Hamlet: [Link]

Something is fishy in Denmark -- Inspector Clouseau -- Some Pink Panther movie: [Link]

No comments: