Monday, October 29, 2007

I thought I was a lone voice in the wind regarding the Wasserman Media Group and 'You Tube' downloads. Not Now!

Here is a snippet from a swim blogger I just started reading: "...

So yea, we’re not fans of the Wasserman Media Group. And we don’t care if you tell them. They can suck it.

As many people are aware, if you posted any video from Nationals on popular videosharing site YouTube, then you probably are well aware that the “fine folks” at WMG have nothing better to do with their time then police YouTube and request that all content pertaining to the recent Nationals in Indy be removed for copyright violations.

I figured that the reason they wanted video taken down was so they could later package the event and then sell it. And that is, in fact, what they are doing. It’s all about the Benjamins, baby. I hope Diddy doesn’t come after me and threaten to sue me after quoting his song right there. Lawsuits seem to be the corporate activity du jour.

Anyway, USA Swimming and WMG aren’t even including all races in the 2-DVD set. All you get for your $15 fee is A Finals and “Fast Heats”. What exactly is “fast heats”? Is it just the last one? Is it all the circle seeded ones? Care to elaborate? ..." [Link]

No comments: