Monday, November 05, 2007

9 questions for Natalie Coughlin over at Swimming World

This stood out the most for me:

Jason says: You also keep threatening the 100 IM record. Since this race isn't really done much, what is it about the 100 IM that you enjoy the most?

Natalie answers:

I love that race! I think they should add it to the long course format with a 10-meter buffer zone in the middle of the pool to change strokes. Wouldn't that be an exciting race to watch? What's not to like in that race? You race all four strokes and the race is super quick. I wish I could do that race every meet. [Link]

1 comment:

Jason said...

I'm glad Natalie was available for the interview. She's a pretty hard person to get ahold of at times.

That answer was the one that made me think the most. That would be a fun event to try during a LCM meet just for fun.

Why don't you talk your local Masters meet into trying it to see what happens?