Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Denver Post - Two years after being paralyzed, Dave Denniston is back in the pool

Rada Owen sent me this article from the Denver Post about Paralympian hopeful and former teammate, Dave Denniston.

Regarding his accomplishments: "...Denniston set Colorado prep records in the 200-meter individual medley and the 100-meter breaststroke. He helped Auburn win an NCAA team championship and was part of a relay that broke a world record in Moscow. He made a world championships team in 2003 and came within 1.31 seconds of making the 2004 Olympic team. .."

I think this paragraph from the article is not only inspirational but also shows pretty sublime character "...When I was training for the Olympic team, my body was perfect, my attitude was paralyzed," Denniston said before a recent workout at the OTC. "Now it's switched around. My body may be paralyzed, but I'm much happier than I've ever been because of the way I've chosen to focus on all the positive things I have now. ..."

Rada Owen does not know it but she taught me how to swim by way of the David Marsh video, Swimming Faster Freestyle. A year later I joined SCAQ where she now has a leadership position. She coaches occasionally too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!!!!

Unknown said...

i love you
mail minuvang_71@yahoo.com