Wednesday, December 19, 2007

New 'TYR Tracer Light' teaser shot on the TYR homepage

Above is a nice photo of Fran Crippen looking focused and capable. TYR athletes are finishing quite strong in open water events as of late, i.e. Mark Warkentin, Fran Crippen.

TYR athletes are promoting how fast these suits dry, how efficient they feel in the water, and of course how wonderful they are. Of course they are paid to win but wearing a suit in 5k race or 10k swim boggles my mind since the suits saturate. When I wore a Speddo FS II Leggings during a 800SCM at the Pierce College Turkey Shoot meet, I felt like like I was wearing wool sweatpants after 500 meters. Now every time I see a You Tube of Thorpe, Hackett or Jensen doing a 1500, I start sweating.

Noe, for TYR athletes to wear these suits during such long, arduous swims and subsequently do extremely well, I wonder, will these suits be water resistant?

No comments: