Saturday, January 12, 2008

Laure Manaudo has had three coaches in 2007 now she may switch once more!

Laure Manadou has proven that she can swim fast no matter who coaches her. Heck, I could even coach her and she would still win. (Hey Laure, I'm available, call me!)

Lane 9 News reports that Manaudou is: "... in negotiations with the Mulhouse club according to France's Laurent Horter." ... "This newest move would put her under the tutelage of Lionel Horter, who coached Roxana Maracineanu to a world title in the 200 back in 1998. ..." [Link]

APF says: "... The triple world champion was attracted by being able to train regularly in a 50-metre pool alongside top-level swimmers, including Stasiulis, Amaury Leveaux and Aurore Mongel. ..." The inset photo is from AFP of Manaudou and her new boyfriend, Benjamin Stasiulis. (French backstroke swimmer.) [Link]

I think the 400m free in Beijing will be close one between her and Kate Ziegler. I am not convince that Ziegler will lose either. As for the 1500m,800m free; Zeigler will so own that race. (I have made that mistake 3 times - I think in 2012 they will have a 1500m for the women) At FINA Worlds last year Manaudou ultimately conceded it to her; could that happen again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dont u mean 800 not 1500