Thursday, January 10, 2008

Leave it to 'Swimming World' to know exactly when the Beijing "Water Cube" would be filled up with water!

I can just see Jason blurry eyed at 1:00 AM his time calling some Chinese aquatics worker who just showed up for work and has just been told it is his job to fill up the pool today. So, there he is standing on deck holding a green garden hose when suddenly his cell phone rings, "Dude, Jason here, did you turn the hose on yet? Hurry up, I want to go to bed and when it's filled I need a link to a photo, okay? Listen, I gotta go, there is sectional meet going off at 9:00 A.M. in Buffalo Breath, Montana and I have to go prepare." ;-)

You have to click on the China.org.cn if you want to see what the pool looks like with water in it.

Here is Swimming World's take: [Link]

Here is my take: The photo above is from anton hazewinkel's Flickr set. I put it up because I thought the bubbles were make of a hard plastic, They appear in this picture to be "giant baggies." I am baffled as to how these plastic baggies work or even stay taut or filled with air? The photo also illustrates the bubbles scale in relation to the human form. Looks insect like.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Man, I'm about falling down laughing. I think I seriously have had conversations like that in the past!

lala said...

I found this to be hilarious. Thanks for the giggles. I think I have actually heard Jason have this convo... tee hee.