Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Marion Jones confesses her steroid sins to Oprah

I was going to make jokes about how moved I was and how it almost brought me to tears but by the time I got through the article I became utterly convinced she has some sort of egocentric personality disorder.

Snippets: "... I realized that people might not forgive me but that God forgives, and if He can forgive me I can forgive myself and I will be okay," she added. ..."

Asked if she felt she was being made an example of, Jones said "I'm not going to sit here and say I'm happy with the decision and that it's all well and fine. Of course I'm disappointed; (with the jail sentence), but I put myself in a position of having someone else determine my immediate future." I want to use my story to help people," she said.

No! No! No, Marion! First you atone, make monetary amends, and then both you and 'O' can talk about redemption on Oprah's couch. [Link]

2 comments:

Scott said...

I just got into an argument with my sister when she commented she thought Marion Jones was a classy person after watching a clip of her on Oprah! Of course Oprah didn't touch on the athletes she cheated because of her doping, nor the years she point blank lied about taking PED; just whether or not she thought she was being made an example of and whether her punishment was fair (she's being jailed for perjury rather than cheating of course).

Tony Austin said...

I know a very successful woman who dreams of sitting on Oprah's couch. She buys all her magazines, book club suggestions, and goes to Oprah's temple at what, 3:00 PM every day on ABC, Channel 7?

Sitting on her couch is like being Baptized by the Pope. Some how you are even more holy than the next Catholic. Hence anyone looks more special then before despite the circumstances.

Evidently it is not against the law to cheat in sports but don't ever lie if you have voided your right to remain silent.

I can't watch the Tour de France anymore, though I may try again this year if they rooted out all the cheaters.