Saturday, January 26, 2008

Open Water: FINA 10K Marathon World Cup in Santos, Brazil

If you ever want fast results, go to Swimming World.

I was in a 'snarky' mood and I decided that I was going to the first person to post results of the FINA 10K in Santos, Brazil. I had a Google alert set up etc, but it appears I got beat by Swimming World by 35 minutes. [Link]

The women's event:
1) Larissa Ilchenko (RUS)
2) Kristen Groome (USA)

That Russian swimmer is awesome. She is definitely not hard to look at either;(The photo to the right is Larissa Ilchenko at the 2007 FINA Word Championships. I don't know much about Kristen Groome but what a great finish for her placing second to the 2007 FINA World Champion.

The Men's event:
1) Valério Cléri (ITA)
...
5) Mark David (USA)
7) Charles Petterson (USA)
8) Fran Crippen (USA) - TYR

I don't know if Erica Rose swam the 10k and I am really curious as to how Edith Van Dijk from Germany Holland did since I got an email last night telling me that at the last minute she decided to wear the new pointzero3 suit from blueseventy!

(Ooops, off by 100 miles or so! Thanks Honeybunny)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Edith van Dijk not from Holland?

Jason said...

We just posted complete results.