Friday, February 15, 2008

Swimming World: The IOC will allow Olympians to blog at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

Of course they will be muzzled but I don't see how they could stop somebody from blogging about their experiences if they logged into their own personal account.

Ultimately, what would an Olympian want to blog about? Would it go something like this:

Olympian Blog Entry - September 2008: Woke up this morning and had 2-bowls of Special X cereal and boy did those 300 calories taste yummy as the special formulated oat bran lowered my cholesterol thereby making me swim so much faster during heat one.

Later, I jumped into a Ford Focus for some sightseeing and some shopping; (Wow, what a smooth ride and environmentally friendly too.)

After buying some really cute Chairman Mao piggy banks off a street vendor so we could take home a memento of this glorious regime, we then stopped off and got a quick bite to eat at a McDonald's. (Their colors match the Chinese flag too.)

I love McDonald's, They are everywhere and they are soooo globally conscious. For this week only, McDonald's is offering a special 2-for-1 Super Size Meal: Buy one Big Mac and get 2 free. And I got a plastic toy with it of guess who? Michael Phelps surfing on his Visa Card!

How could I turn down three Big Macs before the most important race of my life. Yums! (Only at participating stores, terms and conditions apply.)

After lunch we got lost, but that wasn't a problem, we simply typed the Watercube address into the Tom-Tom GPS system and got to the Beijing Watercube 20 minutes before my competitors did who were using the Garmin GPS "complicated thingy". What an advantage the Tom Tom gave me. Less Stress too and it only cost $299. Wow! What a deal, I got mine at Best Buy and you can too.

Finally, It was time to put on the world's fastest swimsuit, the Speedo Lazr, and show the world how inferior the TYR Tracer light, the NIKE and the Arena suit are. Well, got to go take my AMGEN Pharaceutical B12 shot, the lifestyle vitamin for the woman on the go!

Till next time, see you all on AOL.com, the greatest internet service provider of the new century and don't forget to send me your email address so I can keep you up to date on all the stuff I use to swim faster and better. -- toodles!

Image came from
Noggle's photostream at Flickr .com. Here is a direct link to the image: [Link]

2 comments:

Jason said...

one of my favorite blog entries - ever!

Trevor said...

This is hilarious! Phelps, Coughlin, Beard,Torres, et al had a Today Show appearance a few days ago, plugging the LZR. It couldn't have been more obvious how they'd been coached (with $$$) to talk up the suit.