Friday, March 07, 2008

Follow up on USA Swimming revoking 'Flowswimming's' media credential

If you would like to voice your opinion regarding the revoking of Flowswimming's USA Swimming media credential, a fellow SCAQ swimmer sent me this USAS email address: jfabos@usaswimming.org.

Flowswimming is one of the finest swim video sites on the net but I am not optimistic as to the outcome of any protest but please voice your opinion anyway.

There is so much money involved between the Wasserman Media Group and USA Swimming that I suspect self-interested parties will not back down one bit. One rumor I heard six months ago was that enormous 6-figure commissions were paid out or will be paid out when the deal is signed.

This is the new culture we are in; if you don't believe me, just look at the NCAA. It's awash in media deal payoffs and exploitation of unpaid athletic talent. USA Swimming appears to be following their lead.

No comments: