Saturday, March 15, 2008

IOC urges the nations of earth not to boycott the Beijing Olympics over Tibet

Today the Greek God, Zeus... Actually, International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge said: "We believe that the boycott doesn't solve anything," Rogge told reporters on this Caribbean island. "On the contrary, it is penalizing innocent athletes and it is stopping the organization from something that definitely is worthwhile organizing."

I agree, I do not like boycotts! In my lifetime I have never seen the "Byzantine Seige" work to a favorable political outcome. This includes Iraq, twice; Iran, once; The Moscow Olympics; The Los Angeles and potentially the Beijing Olympics.

I don't know where I read this, but those borders not crossed by goods are eventually crossed by armiew. Here is the IOC article: [Link]

No comments: