Saturday, April 05, 2008

Swim Network is allowing bloggers to embed videos - I think that is fantastic news!


See Tara Kirk set a new American record at the Encore Swim. I am so stoked that I am able to post this. I think Swim Network has the potential to be a great friend to swimming if they maintain this openness.

Note: if you use Blogger like I do, you have to manually tweak the HTML to make the movie fit. I had to adjust the width and height settings down by 20% or so to: height="328" width="415"

What is troubling me is that it does not embed a video controller along with it like You Tube does. None the less, beggars can't be choosers but I am stoked they are adopting a more open policy towards the swim community at large.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a bug that we are already working on... when a video is resized the player gets "cropped" instead of "resizing." We'll be sure to let you know when a fix is released.