Thursday, August 21, 2008

'blueseventy' sent me a new picture of Maarten van der Weijden of the Netherlands

It was 7:30 am and Deano over at blueseventy was up even earlier but perhaps a day ahead. Actually, he was probably celebrating to hard and he sent me a mail that was as coherent as a stream of consciousness poem from a drunk post expressionist poet.

Believe me, the typos were mostly his but like the usual idiot I am, I should have proof his mail. but I will say it was the most important fact that he got straight and that is that Maarten van der Weijden of the Netherlands WON the men's 10k swim!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a suit, the blue seventy. I don't know if I would(will) feel comfortable swimming several seconds faster in a 50, or even a 100. I have anecdotal and first hand evidence that using a blue seventy technical swim suit can dramatically improve your times that much. Wow!

Tony Austin said...

I have seen a masters swimmer set a world record in a blueseventy. Then there is Glenn Mills who did so as well. It's an amazing suit with several accomplishments and records logged.

However, I am leaning toward the TYR. Perhaps it is personal bias or the that I am afraid I can't take of the NERO properly.

For instance, if you get put on a blueseventy, race with it WET not dry! So if you like to warm up right before you swim, that is the suit for you. I don't. I like a long window in between.