Thursday, August 07, 2008

Kara Lynn Joyce describes the emotional transition from devasted to euphoric!

Kara Lynn Joyce is one of the swimmers replacing Jessica Hardy. She placed third in the 100 free behind Dara Torres and Hardy and here she describes what it felt like to not make the team and then in a flash, be included. From the MLive.com: "... She was going to Beijing.

"...I just started crying on the plane,'' Joyce said, laughing at herself. "He just gave me the best news of my life. I think people on the plane thought I was really weird or something tragic had happened, but I couldn't pull it together.

"All my bags and luggage went to Atlanta, and I flew to Palo Alto in the morning. I was living in the same clothes for two days, but I didn't care. I would live in those clothes all summer if I had to.' ...'

Here is a video of her in Go Swim Freestyle with Kara Lynn Joyce. Also, I recommend this Go Swim DVD!


No comments: