Tuesday, December 02, 2008

If a plastic stopwatch is to "suburban" for your taste, there is always the 'TAG Heuer Grand CARRERA Calibre 36 RS'



I never volunteer as a timer at meets because I am afraid I will screw it up. Well actually, I am not afraid I will screw up, I KNOW I will screw up. I am very bad at numbers and I hate leading in my lane due to my incompetence with the clock. With that in mind, I saw this watch and thought, this makes a stopwatch with more than three buttons look easy!

From Gizmag: December 3, 2008 The newest member of TAG Heuer’s high-end Grand CARRERA watch collection, the Calibre 36 RS Caliper Chronograph features a COSC-certified* movement oscillating at 36,000 vibrations per hour and is the only automatic chronograph capable of both measuring and displaying 1/10 of a second intervals using an innovative rotating scale design. ..." [Link]

I just looked up the price: $4059.00! (It's that last $9.00 that really bug me; Are they trying to make it look cheaper?)

No comments: