Thursday, October 29, 2009

RobAquatics Advisory: Why swimming is better than running!

Not for the faint of heart. What is surprising is that all of these wounds to the chest were ultimately self inflicted.

Seriously, they were all self inflicted.

Why this catalog of Darwin award candidates never realized that it would be a good idea to take off you shirt when things go untoward astonishes me:

Of all the rewards one could get for running a marathon, bleeding nipples is the last one I would want! Not to say that swimming has never put holes in me (you may remember the gnarly hole I rubbed in my neck during the Pacific Challenge 5k), but I've never had to deal with the indignity of looking like the guy above.

[Link]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way back in the 80s men used to put vaseline on their nipples and wear non-chafing nylon tricot singlets for running. Has this all been forgotten? Does the wheel need to be reinvented? What happened to those singlets, anyway? They were a great design, fit for purpose.