Friday, November 27, 2009

Best Practices: Presenting Swimming, Swimmers and Swimsuits!



the rhetoric, the constant motion, and letterbox portholes present both Gary Hall and his freestyle quite nicely. Note Gary Hall's flip turn circa from-half-a-decade-ago seems clunky. I am not not liking the twist he he does but I am sure it changed it.



This is a demo reel that uses Speedo has the theme. By Demo reel, it is a self-made promotion so as to convince clients or a potential employer that you know what you are doing when handed a million dollar brand. I think the last 15 seconds contain the most emotional impact.



This Arena commercial didn't work for me. It's well done and I love the opera soundtrack but I wanted to see more of the Arena suit and the swimmer. The humorous allegory did not make me want to wear or try on the suit.



When you get to the 30-second mark you will figure how amazingly powerful this "wrap" is. This is the future of outdoor presentation.



Here it is at night and it is glorious. Positioning swimmers as giants is how the sport should be filmed and presented.

No comments: