Monday, December 14, 2009

The SPMA Regional SCM Championships were faster than the New England LMSC Championships!

More world records set at the SPMA meet too probably because SCAQ was there :-P

In my age-group at the SPMA SCM Championships put on by the Long Beach Grunions, I got SPANKED in all my solo events. I was the guy people thanked for showing up so that they would have had someone they could beat. I kid you not!

For instance in the 50-free I finished something like 1oth-out-of-16. (My time was a 28.39), whereas if I swam at the New England LMSC Championship I would have placed 5th place out-of-20! In the 100-free I would have placed 6th-out-of-20

NELMSC Results: [Link]

Swimming World Coverage: [Link]

4 comments:

Rob D said...

thanks for posting the east coast results... I've been sweating them! I'm on the cusp of breaking into the top ten for my age group in the 200m fly! Based on what's posted to USMS and these results I should be like 8th or 9th... if I make it, this would be a first as an individual!!!

Tony Austin said...

Thank Swimming World

Anonymous said...

Tony,
I think you had some really fast swims in Long Beach, and I was surprised by your placing. It was a fast meet. I'm in the top-10 in an event, based on a time that landed me in fourth place in Long Beach ...

Tony Austin said...

Thank you, I am very flattered, when I had that relay mistake that almost hurt a team member in the 4x200, I couldn't look at the relays results.