Thursday, February 25, 2010

'Undrowning' A SCAQ swimmer starts a blog about Lanes 1-3!

Another SCAQ Swimmer has started a blog! It's topic: "... the lessons from the pool, but it is also to keep myself accountable every day and help me see my progress in the big picture. Jump in, drop me a line and undrown with me. ..."

A perfect blog for lane 1-3 or those who want to encourage lanes 1-3

From the blog, Undrowning:

"... Until today, my H2 fins allowed me to speed behind the faster swimmers in the “ego lanes”. My fins have been my crutches, so I decided to have one finless day every week; and today was the first.

Reality check! I was the slowest in the slow lane! A superhero with her powers stolen. But although I was a slow swimmer, I knew my progress was faster. It was a humbling workout that reminded me speed is not a sign of progress because the only one I’m competing against is myself. ..."

[Link]


1 comment:

phonon56 said...

I like this. Fins have their place, but not a regular item for the entire workout. Glad she understands that now.