Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Another lawsuit - NEW York Times: "...The suit describes the behavior as “sexual grooming.” ..."

The USA Swimming sex scandal is getting worse and here comes an election year. This scandal began in California and now it appears it is going national. Will USA Swimming soon be involved in a class action lawsuit? The Catholic Church Diocese in Los Angeles certainly was.

Just when I thought movement within the organization was going to take place, that I actually got a letter back ensuring me that it was, all we got was a letter and then silence. They have to go big with fixing this problem.

Please tell them to.

From the New York Times:

Karen Crouse of the New York Times: A 21-year-old former competitive swimmer filed a civil suit Monday in Independence, Mo., against USA Swimming and her swim club, claiming they were negligent in protecting her and others from sexual abuse by a coach. Despite her complaints about his conduct, the suit said, the coach was able to move to a club in a different state.

[Link]

Thank you John Q. for sending me this link.

Above is a photo illustration I created which I have the complete usage rights to. Illustrations both on a positive swimming note and unfortunately a negative swimming note will appear often at the new swim site I am building.

No comments: