Note, the numbers listed below are in grams. 30-grams (30g) equals one fluid ounce, 237-grams equals a cup.
From Wikipedia, the numbers in blue are links to valid references:
Daily maximum drinks (no weekly limits recommended)
- Australia: 2/day; 14/week (@10g = 20g/day, 140g/week) (New guidelines were adopted on 6 March 2009.)
- Austria: 24g
- Czech Republic: 24g
- Italy: 40g (30g for the elderly)
- Japan: 1–2 (@19.75g = 19.75–39.5g)
- Netherlands: 3 (@9.9g = 29.7g)
- Portugal: 37g
- Spain: 3 (@10g = 30g) Also suggests a maximum of no more than twice this on any one occasion.
- Sweden: 20g
- Switzerland:2 (@10–12g = 20–24g)
Therefore, these countries recommend limits for men in the range 20–40g per day.
Daily/weekly maximum drinks
These countries recommend a weekly limit, but intake on a particular day may be higher than one-seventh of the weekly amount.
- Canada: 2/day; 14/week (@13.6g = 27.2g/day, 190g/week)
- Hong Kong: 3–4/day; 21/week (glass of wine or a pint of beer)
- New Zealand: 3/day; 21/week (@10g = 30g/day, 210g/week)
- UK: 3–4/day; 21/week (@8g = 24–32g day, 168g/week)
- USA: 1-2 units/day (14–28g/day), not to exceed 14 units/week (196g/week)
Therefore, these countries recommend limits for men in the range 27.2–32g per day and 168–210g per week.