Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Federica Pellegrin busts the four minute mark in the 400-meter free short course at the Italian "Coppa Brema" meet!


Federica Pellegrini easily breaks four-minutes in the 400-meter free (short course) and she is stoked:

From the FINA website:

The two-time World champion scored an impressive 3:57.59 in the 400m freestyle (25m), breaking a national record and establishing the seventh best all-time performance (and the year's second best). "I am very happy", said Pellegrini. "It is an unexpected result given the amount of work that I am bearing. More than the record, it is important to register the confirmation of the training's beneficial effect. I managed to race in negative-split because I knew I did not have much speed. I go back to Paris with further confirmation and a great enthusiasm," she continued.


Translation From Corriere dello Sport.it

"... The performance creates great confidence: quiet in the first 200 meters (1.59.60) but irresistible in the second half, swimming in a 1.57.99: "I am very happy - Federica Said - It is an unexpected result given the amount of work I am advocating. The record is important, it confirms how good the training has been. I managed to negative split the race because I am conscious that I don't have a lot of speed. I'll be back in Paris with further confirmation and great Enthusiasm. "

[Link]

The womens 400-free is filled with so much talent!

No comments: