Sunday, July 10, 2011

Federica Pellegrini to Laure Manadou: "...I'll be waiting for her in the pool if she really says she wants to swim in the 200m freestyle..."

Italian champion, Federica Pellegrini, has some passive aggressive rhetoric for French swimmer Laure Manaudou:

From english.gazzetta.it:

"...Rivalry with Laure? The press have built this up, I'll be waiting for her in the pool if she really says she wants to swim in the 200m freestyle, which is my specialty. I'm pleased that she is enthusiastic about swimming again. I'm not sure she's an all out sprinter because with Philippe she started off as an 800m swimmer and swam backstroke too, however, as I've said, she'll be just another opponent to worry about and we'll see how she does in the pool. ..."

[Link]

Keep in mind that both the French and the Italians have a long rivalry with one another and when the press adds to mix a real or imagined love/former love interest they are going to go to town. With that said, I still hope all of the above is still true anyway and that must likely is the Italian part of my DNA speaking.

No comments: