Friday, June 29, 2012

Missy Franklin for the "Raise Our Flag" campaign



Kelsey H. on behalf, on behalf of the USOC has asked me to post this and I think it's sort or swell.  - Tell me what you think?
Hi Tony,

I hope you are well. I wanted to reach out on behalf of the U.S. Olympic Committee regarding an inspirational video from seventeen year-old swimmer and Olympic qualifier Missy Franklin!

The video, which can be found here, is part of a series of animated athlete videos speaking to how Olympians and Paralympians got to where they are today and who is their “Team Behind the Team” which has debuted in conjunction with the U.S. Olympic Committee’s program “Raise Our Flag” campaign.

Unlike other countries, the United States receives no financial support from the government. It relies on solely on the American people and corporate sponsors to support our Olympic athletes on their path to the Olympics. We hope you’ll join us and lend your support to Team USA’s Raise Our Flag campaign. Here’s how:

  • Visit  HERE and buy a stitch from now through July 12, 2012. Each $12 stitch directly supports the athletes. 
  •  Every stitch – sharable on Facebook and Twitter – will be honored on the site’s Donor Wall and can be dedicated to a friend, family member or athlete.

With Missy’s recent success at trials, we thought this would be a perfect fit for your audience. We’d love for you to share this video and the new Raise Our Flag campaign with your readers, so they can show their support for Missy and the rest of Team USA as they travel to compete in London in less than a month.

Best,

Kelsey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice that the donation price is very reasonable - if I wasn't so pissed off at USA Swimming, I probably would donate, but have already given thousands of dollars to a corrupt organization.

It's interesting how they list the contributors names - too bad USA Swimming can't have a list of individuals authorized to be on the pool decks. USA Swimming has no idea who is on the pool decks.

The USOC reads your blog - Nice! They sure know how to act when they want money.

Tony Austin said...

You know, I don't have an answer for that.

I once sent $400 to a politician who was running for president. This individual was quite rich too. A week after I sent the money, I saw a documentary on blood diamonds in Sierra Leone circa 1998. I was like, "what am I doing? I just sent $400 to a rich f***er and this disabled teen only has a shirt on his back and nothing else." he no no shoes, no pants, no underwear and soldiers were about to kill till they figured he was homeless mentally delayed.

I decided I would never send money to a rich person ever again.

THe only thing I can say is that the member at large simply looks at the USA Swimming fees as a tax rather than a service and the public doesn't realize how they could effect change within those organizations.