Thursday, October 11, 2012

Natalie Coughlin hitches a ride on Team New Zealand's AC 45 Catamaran which sailed in the America’s Cup AC45 series!

I am presuming it's the AC45 since the AC72 Catamarans with their 72-foot high sales won't be sailing till next year.

Omega timepieces sponsors Team New Zealand and they will be timing the America's Cup next year as well.

Natalie Coughlin, like Michael Phelps and Buzz Aldrin, are brand ambassadors for Omega so she had some serious connections to get a ride on such a grand sailing vessel!

I believe she wears the ladies Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono or perhaps the ladies Speedmaster Chronograph. Hard to tell in the photos of her. They call the Speedmaster the "Moon watch" since NASA endorsed it for spaceflight and Buzz Aldrin wore his when he walked on the moon. No other watch has been on the moon.

If she is out there and reading this, I would love to post which one. Seamaster, Speedmaster or both? If I wasn't so tired, I would post photos of the two watches.

As for me, I wear an Omega Seamaster DeVille but I have my eye on a DeVille Hour Time. Now Christmas is just around the corner and I'll pretend I never wrote this, okay? ;-)

Photo gallery at HauteLiving.com:  [Link]


No comments: