Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Ben Franklin invented fins and paddles.

I talked to my friend, Bruce, who I have known since I was 8-years-old and he told me about a History Channel or Biography channel show that credited Ben Franklin with the invention of the hand paddles and flippers for swimming.

(Tony off-on-a-tangent-alert: If they do a sequel to The Da Vinci Code they should call it, The Ben Franklin Code for this guy gives Leonardo a run for his money in terms of innovation and accomplishments!)

I asked Bruce what show it was so I could talk about it on the Blog and to include the show as a reference. Alas, Bruce couldn't remember. Well, thank goodness for Google for fact-finding and fact-checking. I "Google-ed" good old Ben Franklin with this search term; Ben+Franklin+swim+paddles, and I got 114,000 documents validating what he said. Thank you Bruce. If you are to lazy to paddle over to Google and try the aforementioned search string, click this link here: [link]

No comments: