Monday, December 18, 2006

The June 10th Alcatraz Sharfest Swim is now more than 3/4 full! Sign up now and if you can beat me, I will donate $10 in your name to Children's Hospital Los Angeles. (Send me your name before the race.)

Envirosports puts on a great open water race each year called the Alcatraz Sharkfest Swim. They offer both a wetsuit division for the sane swimmers and a non-wetsuit division for those who have stopped taking their anti-psychotic meds.

On, June 10th 2007, Sharkfest swimmers will be ferried to the Alcatraz Island whereas all entrants will do a six-foot leap out of the ferry and into the San Francisco Bay. Then the Sharfest entrants will swim to an ad hoc starting-line made up of kyakers and when you hear the sound of a loud foghorn; make a mad swim to Aquatic Park 1.5 miles away. Fun, huh?

I have some pictures of last year's race at my flickr.com page. [link]

No comments: