Saturday, December 30, 2006

SCAQ offers swim video clinics and today I did one.

SCAQ offers swim video clinics for both individuals or groups. Of course groups are cheaper and an individual clinic is more expensive. Call the main office for prices - (818) 390-5700.

Bonnie Adair, national champion, coach of the LMU swim team, and co-founder of SCAQ, videoed both myself and Mike Weksler, a triathlete with Ironman aspirations, in a one hour plus clinic.

We were able to see our stroke not only from above the water but below it as well since SCAQ has the equipment to film you from either viewpoint. In the critique session that followed I was given solutions for a faster catch, more efficient hip rotation and how I can be more effective off the walls. We both did drills to address our deficits and given plenty of time for questions and answers.

Post clinic the two of us were stoked/enthusiastic; (or insert your own adjective here that would represent a swim epiphany), of what simple corrections we can implement for faster times and less effort expended.

I don't know of any other swim program in So Cal that offers video clinics but I was summarily impressed and I feel a video clinic is a vital tool in correcting stroke inefficiencies, stroke degradation, or the prevention of future injuries as a result of an incorrect swimming technique.

I am not paid to pimp SCAQ but I fully endorse this service.

No comments: