Friday, March 30, 2007

2007 FINA World Swimming Championship announcers

The announcers for the swim portion of the 2007 FINA World Swimming Championship are quite good; especially the female. The male voice has nicknamed Michael Phelps "Superman" which she summarily ignores and usually shifts the conversation to talking about what Phelps is doing well. (Though I write in a language called "extreme hyperbole," I prefer my announcers to speak informatively. Superman and Wonder Woman expletives; sheesh, that's my job. )

She would make a heck of a coach but WCSN never mentions who these people are in their web snippets. Does anybody know?

I would like to see Rowdy Gaines and her do the NBC Olympics together and then you would hear some terrific insights.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The announcers are Mike McCann and Linley Frame.

Tony Austin said...

Thank you. I am going to look her up now.

Anonymous said...

also a 3rd announcer James Hickman. I've been tivo'ing it all and watching some of it in slow mo

Tony Austin said...

Didn't he do the open water? That was my favorite event; both the men's and the women's