Tuesday, April 10, 2007

On June 10th I escape from "the rock" for the fourth time, you can too in September!

On June 10th I will be in San Francisco to swim in the annual Alcatraz Sharfest swim for the fourth time. (That's me above.) Last year I finished 65th in the men's wet suit division, or "wuss" division as David Horning puts it, and I finished 87th out of 960 entrants overall. (I am bragging to compensate for how bad I suck in the pool.)

This Sharkfest swim is sold out but the South End Rowing Club of San Francisco has a race as well which will be held on September 15th. There are about 2 dozen spots left so if you want the adventure of a lifetime I recommend this swim. Click here for details [Link]

The South End Rowing Club was established in1873 when text messaging was called Morse code and the locomotive was the only way to fly. With all that history under it's belt, this club knows has to know the San Francisco Bay.

2 comments:

Trevor said...

What was your time?

Tony Austin said...

My time was 38:40. Here is the link to www.envirosports.com/ look at the results page to see my 65th overall, 16th place age group finish. 2008 I am shooting to medal in the top three since I age up.

In 2005 I finished 2 minutes faster but 22 places below my finish in 2006. It was due to the current. This year I have tidal charts and such which will determine the path I choose to take.