Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Michael Phelps "talks story," as the Hawaiians say, in this 'L.A. Times' article.

I wish I could say I saw this when I picked up the L.A. Times this morning but Swim News brought it to my attention first and they deserve credit. I subsequently did a Google news search and found it online.

Phelps discusses Libby Lenton's world record swim which was later denied by FINA. He suggested that Libby is a competitor and she tried to hold onto him by drafting. Phelps gives a nod of respect to that by stating it was a smart thing to do. He discusses seeing his near naked body on a cover of a magazine that proclaims he is the "world's greatest athlete," Also what it is like to live on his own etc. etc.

Bob Bowman has some comments as well about Michael's swimming performance at Worlds that nearly crosses the line into paranormal phenomena. Los Angeles Times article: [Link] Swim News on the Times article: [Link]

No comments: