Sunday, November 18, 2007

SPMA Pierce College Turkey Shoot meet was today

Above is the Pierce College pool shot at 8:15 AM this morning. Due to time constraints I was only able to swim two events, the 800 SCM, the 50 SCM and as far as my goals and targets, I exceeded expectations. (1st and 3rd, baby!)

Dara Torres swam a 24.1 today for the 50 scm at the 2007 FINA World Cup series, and my time today was in the 20's too. That is all I will say. As for my 800 scm, I posted a 11:35.41.

By the way, I wore Speedo Fastskin leggings for the 800 scm and it was a really dumb idea! Phelps, Crocker, or Hansen, can get away with it since they are never in the water for more than 180 seconds. By the third hundred I felt like I was wearing a drag suit. I immediately changed into my TYR Aquashift brief for the next race and set a personal best in the 50 SCM. A much nicer experience to say the least. (These opinions are mine, not SCAQ, and I don't get any compensation from TYR for saying that.)

Another important detail, since it is the holidays, I found an amazing charity that I am really enthusiastic about. I am going to write more about it later in the week. It's called Senior Smiles.

1 comment:

Amit said...

Wow, the lanes look 2x as big as the fish tank of a pool I swim in! I need to move back to the West coast!