Saturday, January 05, 2008

Informercial voice: "Lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks or pay me $500!"

Economist Richard B. McKenzie of the Wall Street Journal was so fat, so large, so morbidly obese that moons use to orbit around his belly; but that was the old R.B. McKenzie!

After losing 378 pounds; which is like three Gisele Bündchens' pasted together, he still had 10-pounds to go! 10-pounds he couldn't lose and in his words: "10 pounds for what seemed like a decade."

Here is what he did: "... I contracted with a friend to pay her $500 if I had NOT lost nine pounds at the end of 10 weeks. I and a witness (my friend's husband) signed the pact. My friend similarly obligated herself to take the payment and to spend it on herself. She affirmed her solemn pledge with her signature, witnessed by her husband (with a big grin).

I won't give away if he passed or failed but for a limited time only, I will extend an exclusive offer to all of you who read this blog! If you cannot lose 10-pounds in 10-weeks, you can pay me $500 or a negotiable fee at the end of that 10-week period! But that is not all: as an incentive I will send you a link to your very own customizable, food pyramid, calorie allowance calculator of which food groups you should eat from so as to get you on your way. But wait, there's more! I will include a T-shirt designed by world renown blogger, Tony Austin, FREE for just $20 in shipping and handling fees. And if you still are not satisfied: I will link the R.B. Mckenzie, Dieting for Dollars article at the Wall Street Journal website right now: [Link]

The sculpture to the right is called: The Roman Gladiator by Fernando Botero. The image came from Wikipedia but I cropped and modified it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good idea Tony! I may have to order one of those tshirts!

Tony Austin said...

Dude, you look great - you don't need to lose 10 pounds!

Anonymous said...

Oh holiday fat! Way too many Sprinkles Cupcakes. I think I ate two to three per day for every day in the month of December. Oy!

Scott said...

I added over two kilos to my weight in less than ten days over the Christmas vacation. A "what the hell attitude" to eating tasty food because it was Christmas just plain murdered my plans to lose weight for the next couple of months at least.

Tony Austin said...

So, holidays have you both down?!

WELL, YOU MUST ACT NOW and that $500 can be mine! ;-)

I stopped eating chocolate and I am now losing a pound a week without doing any swimming - (Pools closed due to yearly maintenance. will swim tonight at Santa Monica College.)

Sugar is compression scheme much like a jpg is to web graphics. For instance, a Twinkie can take like 22-gigabytes of calories but compress it into a 12k slice of heaven!!!

For instance if you drink say three Nes-Quik chocolate milk a day from their 8-ounce bottle; BLAM-O, that's 3500 calories a week. Keep in mind 3500 calories is a pound!!!

Scott said...

Jeez - do Twinkies have anything as natural as sugar in them?