Wednesday, January 23, 2008

San Francisco: 'Prop C' would raze Alcatraz and put in a global peace center in its place

This story is for real and comes to you from the SF Gate:

"... Proposition C seeks to change the city of San Francisco's policy toward Alcatraz Island. ... Da Vid, director of the Global Peace Foundation, described Alcatraz as a "major power point" where "energy moves through the planet." The vision to turn it into a peace center came to him in 1978. "It was a flash," he explained, "and I wasn't on any drugs either. ..."

[Maybe you should have been?]

"... We asked him where the money would come from to raze the old prison and build a new center. He assured us, "Money will come." He suggested the Bechtel Corp. might want to "create some good karma for itself" by doing the prison demolition for free.

According to their Web site, www.globalpeacefoundation.org, the proponents' plans for the center will be based on the geometry of the hexagram. Elements include a harmonium, employing sound techniques to impart a "deep meditative, transpersonal and transcendent experience," a medicine wheel and a labyrinth. ..." [Link]
- • -

I am biased about Alcatraz; what would the Sharkfest Swim, The Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon mean if Alcatraz was erased? Alcatraz is our own Devil's Island; to preserve it is to remind us of what we once were and to never go back. Don't get me wrong I love the idea of their hippy-themed Disneyland proposal; (though a UFO based does have a nice ring to it), but use the Presidio or make a new island like they do in Dubai. Here is a link to the artificial islands of Dubai - [Link]

Don't wreck my favorite open water race, the Alcatraz Sharkfest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Tony!sorry to intrude, but I'd like to post the video about the alligator in the aussi pool on my blog to show it to my swimming mates,and would like to know how to do it.can you help me?congratulation for our blog!eleonora

Tony Austin said...

email me at groovydoo[at]gmail.com and I will send you the line of code that will allow you to embed it into your blog.

Anonymous said...

I will,thanks a lot!congratulations for YOUR blog!!!