Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What does 300 calories look like? Here are the photos and the prices along with every day items so as to illustrate the size.

Found this on Digg.com and it reminded me of a post at Unfogged.com that broke down Michael Phelps caloric intake if he was only eating food from McDonalds.

Here is a snippet from the HealthAssist.net article: "...But what do I have to eat to get these Calorie? Using another tool, I calculated weights of the food I usually eat so that they equal 300 Calorie. It turned out that 300 Calorie is more than 2 pounds of watermelon or just 2 ounces of milk chocolate. Eventually, I decided to make photographs of what these 300 Calorie look like in different foods. ... " [Link]

The stuff above is cocoa powder. That stuff is like "crack" to me. I have cut it out of my diet now for the last 4 weeks and I have been dropping a pound a week. Unfortunately the cravings don't go away.

No comments: