Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wouldn't this be a great pool for some swim technique evaluation?

This pool exists at the 1000 Beach in Vancouver, Canada. [Link]

I did a post about building a pool with a glass bottom featuring Dara Torres in a very sloppy Photoshop rendition. I concluded that this would be the best way to observe a swimming race since all of the work takes place underwater. Here is another pool found on OOBject.com that I would pay "mad bank" to swim in. Put a video camera on a tripod and then see any and all mistakes you ever make when you swim across a pool. [Link]

I might swim in this pool and have somebody film me.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Tony, if you can convince them to let you swim in their pool and actually get up to Vancouver I'll volunteer for the filming.

Anonymous said...

very cool place for technique coaching!!

Here's a good link on using swim golf as a technique measuring tool
http://mytriathlontraining.com/2008/04/07/swim-golf-is-a-great-way-to-focus-on-stroke-technique/

Good blog, keep up the good work!