Thursday, August 13, 2009

Though all the cool kids were wearing orange and green caps, Chris Flattum, refused to bow down to peer pressure!

At the Balboa pier in Orange County, California, they have a open water race for Junior Lifeguards called the Monster Mile. Kids ages 9-15 who have gone through the Junior Lifeguard program compete.

It's the moral equal for these kids of getting your "black belt in "swim fu."

I am loving what these kids can do with colored zinc oxide: Some made it look like war paint, clown makeup, cat makeup, 'Lord of the Flies' makeup, it's all great.

At the Daily Pilot, there is a gallery of the event on the right hand side of the page.
[Link]

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ha! That's the most awesome thing I've seen all day! Go Chris!

Tony Austin said...

Thank you. When I saw the photo I started to sing out loud "I gotta be me, I just gotta be me..."

twin said...

absolutely awesome!!!

send in the clowns...

Tony Austin said...

I forgot about that song! Awesome!

The photo does need a soundtrack!