Thursday, October 08, 2009

I was interviewed by the 'Wall Street Journal' today!

I got a phone call today from a writer with the Wall Street Journal asking me about my viewpoints on the potential tech suit ban in US Masters Swimming.

One question that came up was what will I do if a tech-suit ban takes effect at the Masters level in January? I replied that I would continue to wear my tech-suit but if I am not able to step up to the blocks and at least get a time before being DQed, I would not compete in the USMS in 2010.

I went on to say that there are open water-events I can do like the Alcatraz Sharkfest, there was the LMU fund-raiser for the womens team, that sprint triathlons had a nice ring to it, and I would even stage my own swim meet. (Something I was going to do at the USMS level through SCAQ but now that it is probably unlikely.)

If I am quoted, I will let you know when it comes out.

9 comments:

Scott said...

You've arrived Tony!

Tony Austin said...

I arrived when you started reading me. I am absolutely serious too.

Jason said...

Congrats, Tony!

Tony Austin said...

I was interviewed, it does not mean I will be quoted.

Scott said...

On behalf of all your readers we thank you for the compliment. But still, you've become a 'recognized authority' because of your efforts and by sticking to your beliefs. Consider the interview as yet another medal and put it in with the rest.

Tony Austin said...

Scott, I was getting 8-visits a day when I started and then you linked to me from your blog an it was like the "rage-virus" in the movie "28-days later." I tripled my page views, Then a month later it tripled again, and again... You completely hooked me up.

TedBaker said...

Good on you and congratulations!

Scott said...

There were people reading my blog? Sometimes I wondered about that. Even so a link means nothing if the product isn't there. You've earned your hits.

Tony Austin said...

People read your blog, past tense! Are you posting again?