Friday, December 11, 2009

Just knocking off 10-seconds on a 2:00 per-hundred-yard swim can mean 30-places higher in the triathlon race!


Above is an athlete crawling up the stairs after a very tough open water swim. I got it from The Water is Open site

Coach Chad once told me that even the slowest Masters Swimmer could probably swim faster than 75% of America.

I think the slowest-lane in Masters can swim faster than 50% of the triathletes. That is not to say triathletes are slow, many of them are fast and they have been leaders in my lane but ultimately they were swimmers first.

Just knocking off 10-seconds on a 2:00 per-hundred-yard swim can mean 20-to-30-places higher in the triathlon sprint. Why triathletes think they can solve their swim problems with drills and laps boggles my mind. You need coaching, you need practice, you need video!

If swim is your weakest event of the three, spend twice as long practicing it in a Masters program.

No comments: