Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How is this for confidence: "I feel like I'm the favorite - If I run my race, I'll come out victorious. The only person who can beat me is me"

NCAA championships: Josh Schneider of the University of Cincinnati also had this to say at Cincinnati.com:

"Some bloggers don't even have me finishing in the top three (in the 50 free)," he said. "But it's in my hands. I just need to get my mind right and get into a zone. There's more pressure this time. That's going to be the biggest task to overcome."

[Link]

I am amazed at how seriously both journalists and bloggers are taken. Having a blog is like being handed a "pretend bullhorn" and everybody thinks your voice is somehow louder than his or hers. It really isn't that way.

10 comments:

Kate M said...

I don't know if he was referring to me. I actually put his 50 free as one of my top storylines from teams out of the top five or six teams:

http://www.theathletevillage.com/blogs/crdesantis/2010/03/24/mens-ncaa-preview-mike-shelby

Tony Austin said...

You write very well, Kate, could you stay in touch and point me to stuff like this.

Hmmm, Then I can take all credit like I thought it up on my own like my idol does in Great Britain. ;-)

Seriously, I would love to link to your stuff.

Chris DeSantis said...

Oops Tony that was me! I didn't know I was signed in under my fiance's google account.

Tony Austin said...

I knew it was you since most people who post anonymous either insult me or deliver an opinion that could get them in trouble.

Chris DeSantis said...

CRAIG LORD 4 EVA!

Chris DeSantis said...

Oops I forgot to sign out.

Tony Austin said...

The Craig Lord/Tony Austin movie is coming April 1st 2010, It will blow you away.

Come visit on April Fools Day 2010 - best April Fools joke the SCAQ blog has ever bestowed.

Glenn said...

FYI. Met Josh while in Columbus. Great kid, and the 50 was an incredibly fun race to watch.

Arkelanor said...

Hey Tony, they way I read it is that in a competition (and in life too), 49% is preparation and the other 50% is mental. The other 1% are those things you can't control, like your opponent. (this sounds like my blog!) Josh seemed to have taken care of his 99%, so his victory is no surprise.

Ahelee said...

Did Josh swim a relay before his event like the CAL & TX sprinters?