Sunday, November 11, 2007

Glass Octopus from "Plantation"

This 12-inch-long, ruby red, Octopus, equipped with anatomically correct suction cups is a $395 item from Plantation Home Accessories. I find it both creepy and elegant. Wouldn't an installation of glass sea creatures such as this either hanging from a ceiling or submerged in a tank of distilled water with glass bubbles, eels, jellyfish, sharks and all look simply fantastic?

Now, both Christmas and Hanukkah are approaching and I will pretend I didn't see this! (wink-wink) ;-)

1 comment:

isplashdog said...

Seems like I catch creatures like this in between my fingers in the pool all the time, but when I take off my goggles and examine the specimen, I find it's another hair ball. Love the blog. Keep it up. Feel free to check out my blog (not quite up to pro-spec as yours but has some substance - swimmingiseasy.blogspot.com).